Tuesday 10 July 2012

Acting

People told me I should write on something I like, so for this post, I chose acting!


As some of you may know, I like acting. Inf act, I'm even in my school's theatre group.

What got me interested in acting is my work on the campsite. Because here we play 'Kindertheater' theatre for children. It's like Shakespeare, men dressed as women, women dressed as men, people chasing eachother, etc, etc.
These bedtime stories are mini-plays. The characters get introduced, a problem appears, the problem gets solved and everyone's happy. We do these every day.

We also do a musical each year.

A few years ago we did 'the Lion King'. In the Lion King I played Zazu, that annoying blue bird. (Typecasting anyone?)  This was my first 'big' role in a play. I was kinda nervous at first, because I had to sing live. With the big songs in the musicals, we play the recordings and mouth the words. But there was a small song wich wasn't recorded, so I had to sing live... Just to let you know, the people are fine by now, I hope... 
This year we're going to do 'Kruimeltje' (Little crumb) I got the part of the fosterdad who beats the children he cares for up. I have to work on my voice, because the man who plays the part in the real musical has a very deep voice.  As you can see in this short clip.

For the people in the Netherlands who are interested in seeing me star in this musical, let me know, I'll email you the details ;)

In my biggest dream there will be a casting agent who sees me perform and likes me so I get to act in Hollywood.

I got some pics from me playing Zazu to fill up my page ^^








2 comments:

  1. So first you play an annoying blue bird, and then you get to play an abusive father? They really are trying to typecast you. I didn't know you liked acting though, and you seem good at it too, so good luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete