Friday 6 July 2012

Housemates

As some you may know I don't live with my parents anymore. Not that we are fighting or anything, it's just easier. Almost all of my friends live in the city and it's a lot closer to school. I live in an old office building together with 4 others.

And that's the problem. Housemates..
I don't mind if they play their music too loudly, as long as they turn the volume down when I'm going to bed. The real trouble starts when it's time to clean. There is a cleaning roster, but almost all of my housemates never do their chores. Wich means I get to clean the kitchen again, because I have to eat. I have to clean the shower, I want to become clean by taking one. And I can name more things..

Taking the trash out for instance. Every friday morning our thrash get picked up. So we have to put our trashcontainers at the side of the road on thursday evening. Just me and another roommates think about it. Last week she and I weren't at home. Next day I came back and noticed the trashcontainer was full. I take my own trash out to the container on fridays before I go home to my parents. But I couldn't because not even one of my housemates took the container out.

I'm going to work for four weeks.. I wonder how our house will look when I get back...

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if there will even be a house there. The sad fact of living with people, with even just one, is that all the chores end up being done by one person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just do your own chores and leave the other's to theirs. If everything turns into a mess you can point that out and give them a nudge "hey guys looks like you've been skipping duties".

    ReplyDelete