Monday 7 January 2013

New Years/ New Years resolutions

First of all, Happy New year and the best of wishes for 2013!

Sorry for being so late, but I didn't have the time to write this thing earlier (read: I was really lazy)

New Years resolutions, almost everyone has at least one of them, it could be going to the gym, doing your best for school or something better for your health as eating healthier or stop smoking.

Me, I only have one this year and I plan to keep it: Keeping up my blog.

 I'm not going to do a daily blog, since that obvious failed the last time, since I couldn't find things to talk about. So I am keeping a monthly blog! This doesn't mean that here will only be one blog every month, it could be I come across something I really want to share, and I will write a blog about it.

Now the first blog, this one, will be about things that happened here around New Years.

In the town I live in, there are some teenagers who create a lot of nuisance. They where hanging around the 'port' we have, and weren't causing a lot of trouble there for there are almost no people living in the close proximity. Still, there where people who complained about them chilling there, and they were forbidden to stay there.

They quickly found a new place to chill: Our street.

The street I live in is (was) a quiet street where neighbours know each other and a lot of kids play on the streets. There's one of these teenagers who ownes a car. Each individual of the group, even those who aren't even the legal driving age, have been seen driving too hard through the street. We fear for the day when one of the kids playing on the street is hit by the car. After numerous complaints, the only thing that has changed are the policecars driving through the street at least once a day.

The teens notice the car, dissapear indoors, waiting for the policecar to pass and continue their chilling/littering, illegal driving, etc. There are even neighbours who have seen them dealing drugs like weed etc.

In the week before new years, they had (illegal) fireworks, and they terrorised the neighbourhood with it. They were also seen carrying wood and such, to create a bonfire. Last year the bonfire got out of hand and the firedepartment had to come. So we, as concerned neighbours, notified the police and such. They said they would 'come and have a look'.  Well, they didn't. Wich resulted in the fact that at new years, some bushes 'accidentally' got set on fire. The older couple living next door to the teenagers whose bushes where set on fire quickly removed their car and started putting out the fire.
While they were waiting for the firedeparment, and kept trying to put out the fire, they kept being insulted and threatened by the teenagers. The police and fire department came, put out the fire, and confiscated the remaining wood. As soon as the police left, they started to collect more wood and even matrasses. We called the police and they came to 'oversee' the new bonfire.

Afterwards, when some neighbours were talking about everything that happened, the man who got threatened mentioned they were threatened before, by letter, and even by the teenagers themselves, who just knocked on the door and threatened them face to face.

Some neighbours had already contacted the guy who deals with the safety in our town, but it seems that guy did everything of as 'a little accident'.  So we decided to go a step higher: we contacted the mayor. At this point we haven't got a response, but we hope this will be resolved quickly. Our street has gone from a nice, quiet place for families to live, to a breeding place of crime...


Now I'd like to ask you guys something. For a coming blog (the February one) I'd like to tell something about myself. This is where I need your help. Ask me anything you want to know about me in the comments. (well anything.. Try to keep it PG 13) I'll ask some friends from other sites (facebook, twitter, etc.) to do the same and I'll make that my next blog.

4 comments:

  1. Hey pal, it's called a "post", not a "blog". "Blog post" is acceptable too. ;D

    Tell us about your youthhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blog, post, blogpost.. Same difference :p

      Delete
  2. Wow that's a pretty shitty situation. I would hate to live on a street that ended up like that. I live in kind of a rough town sure, but I don't really have much trouble. I hope something can get done about it. You could always dress up as Batman and dispense some good old fashioned "street justice".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you to tell me something I don't already know about you. Cuz I can't come up with anything I'd like to ask you...

    ReplyDelete